· A registered candidate to the programme should maintain the studentship continually throughout the duration of the programme.
· A candidate who fails to renew his/her registration in a year is deemed to have voluntarily withdrawn from the programme. Such a candidate may be re-instated following due application made to the Secretary General within not more than two (2) years of absence; after which the admission is deemed to have lapsed.
· A candidate that wishes to temporarily withdraw for a period of not more than one (1) year should make a formal application and gain approval in order to retain the admission.
· A Part II Fellowship student who has passed Part II theory examinations (final) is required to defend the project that same year or the next year. If such a student fails to successfully defend the project the subsequent year, such a candidate will be required to rewrite the theory examinations and also defend the project.
· A candidate who wishes to defer Dissertation defence should apply one month before the examination.
· A candidate who has passed the Dissertation defence but failed in the final theory examination will be required to represent the Dissertation and repeat the theory examination in the subsequent year.
· A candidate who fails to successfully defend the Dissertation will repeat the Dissertation the next year.
· The maximum duration for Part I Fellowship is a continual period of four (4) years. The maximum duration for Part II Fellowship is a continual period of five (5) years.